Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Chocolate Crepes, Pasta Salad, and an Olsen Twin

I'm sure that all my (0) followers are oh so worried about where I have been. After all, one of the last posts I wrote was about how I was sick. Well, I'm not sick anymore (though my persistent cough that has dubbed me as a chain smoker (which I am not) might say other wise); I've just been busy, finding a new job, finding a new place to live, finding flights for an adventure, sewing, watching How I Met Your Mother (which gets better after the first season, as Andrew will tell you), most of which I will be blogging about later, but it is too early to announce anything on the interwebs where anyone could see it all.

This post is for the amazing balsamic pasta salad that we made: 


And the even more amazing chocolate crepes I made (that's right: I! I, I, I made them!!! All by my lonesome):


And also for the maxi skirt that I made. Which you can't really see in this picture, but it is super cute, let me tell you.
I don't think Andrew knew he was living with an Olsen twin, but that's what I looked like when I went to the fabric store. For more fabric. To make more maxi skirts. To wear on my adventure (forthcoming).


We didn't use the Newman's own salad dressing because we (Andrew) are food snobs. We used Lighthouse dressing, and yes, it was probably better because of it.

They were a little interesting because I let the batter neither sit nor strain. As a result, we got lumpy crepes. So, either follow the recipe exactly (i.e. let it sit for an hour while you drool and your stomach growls, realize you don't have a fine mesh strainer, go get one, then strain the batter) or you can not follow it at all (i.e. don't stir in the eggs before you add the rest of the wet ingredients).

The maxi skirt tutorial came from here: http://elleapparel.blogspot.com/2011/09/maxi.html
It is quite easy, but I would recommend not rounding the hem like she does. It looks weird when you're done.

Okthat'sallloveyoubye

No comments:

Post a Comment