Tuesday, July 24, 2012

So there's this song that I've been trying to remember for the past few days.
I had a few words here and there and a general concept of what the song was about, which is a pretty good jumping off point if you can find someone who knows the song, which I couldn't.

I knew it was a song that my mom used to listen to but I wasn't desperate enough to call her up and ask her, yet. 

So I just let it keep tickling my brain and the tip of my tongue for a week or so, and I kept getting more memories of it. So by this morning, while speaking with my Giver-of-Life, I was able to come up with some facts about it.
1. It talks about cornbread 
2. There's something about listening to a preacher
2. It was an old 80's song (because that's pretty much what my mom used to listen to)

So of course I'm imagining like Talking Heads, Depeche Mode, 10,000 Maniacs 80's (again, because that's what my mom listened to)

Here's the song.
Just take a listen.



So, not that kind of 80's. 
Really it's more of a 50's gospel song.
But can't we all relate?
You're sitting in church and the people keep talking and talking and you're just like "Please let me go home, I'm so hungry!!!"
So anyway, good song. 

1 comment:

  1. I could have told you what it was if you had come to me. That's one I remember from growing up too.

    ReplyDelete