Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Sweatshirt

I wore it EVERY DAY

I am not kidding

Every day of sophomore year.

And the worst part was that it dubbed me a nerd.
Have you ever heard of MESA? Math, Engineering, and Science Association. And it had that super nerdy nerd symbol on it:
I cringe

Don't get me wrong, I'm a nerd no doubt.

I embrace my nerdiness and always have tried to. But the thing about being nerdy and proud of it is that you kinda have to have some coolness factor mixed in. This I did not posses in high school, unfortunately, so I just came across as a socially awkward person who was also really bad at dressing herself.

I think it was a comfort item. Like how a toddler carries around a blanket or stuffed animal until their mom takes it away and then they scream and cry and then mom gives it back (let's be honest); yeah, like that. I don't remember my mother trying to convince me to wear something else, but maybe she had just given up by then.

Did you have a something, a comfort item, that you would wear every day?

1 comment:

  1. So a nerdy parent did not give it to you? You knew what MESA was in highschool??? Hahahaha, super nerdy super awesome.

    ReplyDelete