Saturday, August 4, 2012

Trip: Day 4

Ok so here's the deal: Andrew has ruined my fun because he keeps posting where we are on Facebook. But I am determined to have an unspoilable time so we're still going to play the game, but a little differently. Ok so you probably know we're in Romania (and if you didn't, now you do) but I am pretty certain you do not know which city we are in. So that's the new game: guess the city! I'm figuring out some sort of incentive to get people to participate (because the more people who guess, the more fun it will be!) but I haven't yet so any ideas would be welcomed.

Ok so day 4. First off, here are some pictures from today:




Secondly, let me elaborate on this whole "no street signs" thing. So you know how in America maps are useful because they have street names on them and you can match them up to the signs that are almost always clearly marked on every corner? Well maps are completely useless here because half the time there aren't even signs!! And then when there are signs, they're in little tiny fonts on little tiny signs, plastered on buildings sometimes on the corner but sometimes a building or two in. I wish I could explain just how frustrating this is  but it sufficeth to say that it makes me want to tear my hair out.




Last thing I want to say: I've never had so many people stare at me before! Andrew says we catch people's attention because we're blonde and then when they hear us speaking English they're even more awe struck. We had these two little boys just staring, talking and giggling at us all through dinner tonight.

So guess where we are today! We're not leaving until tomorrow so you'll have another day to guess.

1 comment: