Friday, August 31, 2012

On Jet Lag

I broke the first rule of jet lag
What is the first rule of jet lag?
Be asleep during the night and awake during the day.
We were both doing so well! And then we just couldn't take it anymore.

Andrew kind of has an excuse: he wasn't feeling so great all afternoon (please bless that he doesn't actually get sick). So he laid down at about 5 and I just couldn't stop myself from joining him. I rationalized it in so many ways, of course. "I'm not really going to sleep" "I have such a headache" "Andrew NEEDS me!" All I really did was fall asleep right away.

So here it is, 7:30 in the morning, and I've already been up for an hour. Because that's the vicious cycle with jet lag! I'll be super tired when tonight rolls around, not only because my body thinks it the middle of the night, but also because I got up at 6:30 in the morning (who does that? Pfft).

No comments:

Post a Comment