Friday, April 6, 2012

His and Hers

So we're gonna do a little thing here called His and Hers. We pick a topic, and then both Andrew and I write a little something on it.
Round 1: What 1 item would you bring with you to a deserted island?

Shahn's Response:


(Note: I don't know why mine has a larger margin space than the rest of the post. I don't want to fix it so you're just gonna have to get over it)

Ok, so you're stranded on a dessert island

Oooh yum! Dessert island! Where the water is made of frosting, the
ground is cake, the sunshine is lemon curd and absolutely everything
is eatable. I mean edible.
Ok, so you're stranded on Dessert Island and you have absolutely
anything that you could want to eat and drink and somehow or another,
you have no reason to worry about your survival (yes I am aware just
how abysmally inaccurate this description of "stranded" is). And, just
for kicks, your favorite person is there with you as well. In my case,
the Hubs. What is the one physical object that you take with you?
This is a pretty hard one; as long as i have food and my man, there's
nothing else I really want. But I suppose if you're going to twist my
arm about it...
My gut instinct is to say I would bring my computer because I'm pretty
sure that I couldn't actually live with out my handy dandy lappy
toppy. No offense to the Hubs but I think I would most definitely need
some interaction with other peeps. And where would I get ideas for
super cute swim cover-ups and recipes for mocktails to sip while I sit
on the beach without Pinterest? I would be lost, I tell you. But, I'm
also going to assume that there is no electricity on said island let
alone internet, so I will think of something else.
Next idea; phone. Now the determination on this one is going to depend
on what kind of stranded we're talking about. If we're going with
Tom-Hanks-in-Castaway stranded then a phone is out of the question.
Plus it wouldn't survive the wreck, anyway. But, if we're gonna go
with Castaway to the Moon stranded (Netflix it, it's good) then I'd
say a phone is not completely beyond imagination. But, just to be safe
(I like to play by the rules; it's residual goody-two-shoes-ness from
grade school) we'll rule out phone, too.
....
hmmmm
Toothbrush!! A toothbrush, while not vital to survival, is still
pretty important.
Now, I can't decide if I'd rather have clean teeth, or be clean shaven.
I think I can accept myself as a wildwoman with hair growing in all
sorts of places better than with dirty, fuzzy, bad-breath teeth.


Andrew's Response:

If I could take one thing with me to a deserted island it would be my wife. Shahn specifically told me that when considering this question I didnt need to worry about food or health. Some might say, "Andrew how can you say that you would want your wife on a deserted island? Do you have some kind of experience with deserted islands?" In fact I do. I currently live in Elko, NV. A deserted island if I ever saw one. And if I didnt have Shahn here everyday I just don't think I would survive! I know Shahn wanted a longer response to this question but as a man I don't have a firm grasp on how to flower things up. And so I tell it as it is: with Shahn, any" deserted island" instantly becomes a tropical paradise vacation for two.
(Note: Apparently I was not communicative enough when explaining the scenario and left out the part about me already being there.)
(Note #2: awwww!!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment