Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday Leftovers

Leftovers: (n) the food or feeling you get when you make something amazing and then let it sit in the fridge for a day and a half and then take it out and try to make it as good as the day before.

"Leftovers" about sums up the way I feel about Mondays. Still some energy from the weekend, but it's not nearly as good.
Hence why Tuesdays are the worst day of the week! Friday is nowhere in site but you've already eaten all your enthusiasm on Monday.
stupidtuesdaysihateyousomuchgodie

Sunday dinner was pretty good. Pot roast with potatoes, carrots and celery all in the crockpot for 8 hours. I'm still learning how to cook big-girl grown-up meals.  
Lesson #1 learned from my first pot roast ever in my whole life: No matter what the recipe tells you, do NOT trim all the fat off of your meat. If you don't believe me, go try it. Go on, but don't come to me when you totally regret it. 
It still turned out pretty ok. Andrew made Rhodes rolls.
Rhodes rolls! The Rolls Royce of the rolls world
(say that 5 times fast)


I do have to say, the veggies were delicious.


Nom nom

No comments:

Post a Comment