Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Wurk

As you may or may not know, I have a very cool job.
Well, it's pretty cool most of the time. Sometimes I get stuck behind my desk for weeks on end and that kinda sucks. But there are lots of fun things to see where I work.

Oh you want to know where I work? Right, sorry.
I work here:


Where I usually get to wear this:


And I sometimes get to wear this:


The dump trucks are as big as houses:


And the back-hoes are even bigger:


Side note: Here is the bucket on that shovel. It fit like 30 people inside it! Crazy.


I work at a gold mine. Yep, it's pretty cool.
I work in the environmental department managing the Environmental Management System (not as cool, but still fun).
So, I won't go into the details of mining (even though I know you would be absolutely fascinated by it) but this is our roaster:


It burns the dirt, we sprinkle magic fairy dust on it, and out pop gold bars!!
So for the last week, and this coming one, all the fairies are on vacation so we're cleaning up all the fairy poop. They're messy creatures, those fairies, I tell ya. We call it The Roaster Down (how boring). But it means that I get to be away from my desk a lot and climb all the way to the top of the 15 story tall roaster and lean out over the edge. Fun!

This is what I see. The water cooling towers and the 2 hugest propane tanks anyone has ever seen in their whole lives (those long white things towards the middle).


Tanks that are usually full of water that are now empty and being cleaned out.


And the ever present pit, of course :)


Yep, that's it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment